Monday, January 31, 2011

Crate and Barrel goes green?

While shopping at Crate and Barrel for furniture for a client the other day, I made a wonderful discovery; main stream furniture companies are finally jumping on board and "going green." I found several sofas that were labeled "eco-friendly".  I asked one of the sales associates what this was all about and he told me that they are moving towards working more and more with furniture builders that practice green design. Fabrics that are certified green, foam interiors that are free of the harsh chemicals that we have come to accept and wood frames made of sustainable wood. The best part was-the price! Many of the eco-friendly sofas I liked were actually less expensive than the more conventional ones. Great job Crate and Barrel.

No comments:

Post a Comment